I had some leftover ricotta sitting in my fridge, feeling lonely and neglected. So I scoured the web looking for the perfect recipe to make it feel wanted and appreciated.
These muffins spoke to me, “Tanya. Oh, Tanya. Pick me. Pick me. I’m delicious.”
And those muffins weren’t lying; they are delicious. They make an easy grab-and-go breakfast or snack and can be quite addictive. You know – where you find yourself sitting on the couch stuffing muffins into your mouth as fast as you can while you tell your cat how awesome these are as crumbs fall out of your mouth. Not that I’ve ever experienced anything like that. Uh. Yeah.
Moving on – these are yummy. You should make them.
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. The print icon is the last one. You will have the option to print the entire article or delete the article and only print the recipe.
LEMON RICOTTA MUFFINS
Source Food Gal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, and lemon zest in a separate bowl and mix until light and fluffy using a hand or stand mixer.
- Add ricotta and mix in.
- Next mix in an egg, lemon juice and almond extract.
- Add flour mixture, and beat on low until just combined.
- Divide batter into 12 lined muffin tins. Sprinkle tops with sliced almonds and the extra granulated sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffin pan on a rack for 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
- These also freeze well. Defrost before reheating in them in the microwave.
- You can also use slivered almonds in place of the sliced almonds in case that’s all you have available and are too lazy to go to the grocery store.