Hello. My name is Tanya and I love carbs. I love bread. I love pasta. I love potatoes.
Carbs = Yummy in My Tummy.
Yeah, I have a little addiction to carbs. And no, I’ve never been able to do any type of carb-free diet for more than a minute. I consider them to be cruel and unusual punishment, which I’m pretty sure makes them illegal.
I like to eat bread. A lot. But I’m not so keen on making bread. Okay. I have fear of yeast. So I tend to only make quick breads like this absolutely addicting Three Cheese Beer Bread from the Brown Eyed Baker. I’ve made beer bread before, and it was good. But this one is special.
It’s a fairly dense bread and so flavorful. It took quite a bit of willpower to save some for the next day. This is delicious on its own or with a steaming bowl of beer chili.
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
THREE CHEESE BEER BREAD
From Brown Eyed Baker
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup beer, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup gruyere cheese,
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Grate all of the cheese and mix together. Remove a heaping 1/2 cup of cheese and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, dried mustard and Italian seasoning.
- Add the rest of the cheeses to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Combine the beer, sour cream, tomato juice, eggs and worcestershire sauce in a separate bowl.
- Add the beer mixture to the flour mixture. Stir with a spatula until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into a pan (it will be thick). Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes or until done. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing them from the pan. Place on a wire rack to cool.