Yes. You read correctly. Brownie. Covered. Oreos.
Yes. They are as good as they sound too.
And did I mention they were also easy to make?
The genius behind these delectable treats is Jenny from Picky Palate. If you’re looking for simple, original treats – she’s the person who will have the answer. Check out her blog; it’s a definite keeper, unless you’re on a diet. 😀
In her post, she stressed the importance of spraying the cupcake tins generously with non-stick spray as these yummy cookies have a tendency to stick to the pan. One smart reader mentioned she used cupcake liners to avoid any problems. I followed her advice, and it worked beautifully.
Jenny’s may look a bit better without the cupcake liner marks, but I didn’t have to stress over ruining any of these precious, precious cookies. So if you’re paranoid like me – use cupcake liners. Or if you’re risk taker – don’t, and let me know how it works out!
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
Brownie Covered Oreoes
Original recipe from Picky Palate
- 1 box of Brownie mix
- 1 package of Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place liners in cupcake tin or generously spray tin with non-stick spray.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions.
- Dip Oreos into batter and place in cupcake tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- If not using liners, immediately after removing from oven, take a plastic knife and run along edges to help remove the Oreos.
- Let cool for five minutes and remove from pan
- Optional: Drizzle with melted white chocolate and top with sprinkles. It looks beautiful when added, but I chose not to do this as I felt they were already plenty decadent. It should be noted that I am a wuss when it comes to tolerating rich treats. 😀
- When eating fresh from the oven – the Oreo is softer and more cake-like. After it cools, they regain their crunch.
Makes entire package of Oreos