Yes. You read correctly. Brownie. Covered. Oreos.
Yes. They are as good as they sound too.
And did I mention they were also easy to make?
The genius behind these delectable treats is Jenny from Picky Palate. If you’re looking for simple, original treats – she’s the person who will have the answer. Check out her blog; it’s a definite keeper, unless you’re on a diet.
In her post, she stressed the importance of spraying the cupcake tins generously with non-stick spray as these yummy cookies have a tendency to stick to the pan. One smart reader mentioned she used cupcake liners to avoid any problems. I followed her advice, and it worked beautifully.
Jenny’s may look a bit better without the cupcake liner marks, but I didn’t have to stress over ruining any of these precious, precious cookies. So if you’re paranoid like me – use cupcake liners. Or if you’re risk taker – don’t, and let me know how it works out!
BROWNIE COVERED OREOS
Original recipe from Picky Palate
- 1 box of Brownie mix
- 1 package of Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place liners in cupcake tin or generously spray tin with non-stick spray.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions.
- Dip Oreos into batter and place in cupcake tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- If not using liners, immediately after removing from oven, take a plastic knife and run along edges to help remove the Oreos.
- Let cool for five minutes and remove from pan
- Optional: Drizzle with melted white chocolate and top with sprinkles. It looks beautiful when added, but I chose not to do this as I felt they were already plenty decadent. It should be noted that I am a wuss when it comes to tolerating rich treats.
- When eating fresh from the oven – the Oreo is softer and more cake-like. After it cools, they regain their crunch.
Makes entire package of Oreos.