I know what you’re thinking—a recipe for baked potatoes? Not exactly mind-boggling or ground-breaking. But it is. It’s mind-boggling great.
Sure, there is nothing hard or fancy about baked potatoes. But this chive dip is delicious. And even better, it only takes a few minutes to make but converts an ordinary baked potato into something wonderful.
I enjoy using simple, tasty recipes to round out a meal. If every element of the meal was time-consuming and complex, it would be overwhelming to both the cook and eater. This a perfect side dish to balance a fancy entree.
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
Baked Potato with Chive Dip
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse potatoes, wipe dry and pierce with a knive. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Depending on size – it could take longer.
- Combine yogurt, sour cream, chives and salt & pepper together. Keep refrigerated until serving.
- Top baked potato with dip. Garnish with a sprinkling of chives.