I had a craving for something sweet, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make. Cookies? Cake? Cupcakes? Nope. None of those caught my fancy.
Then I saw this pound cake and fell promptly in love. And best of all – it was easy to make. I’m not overly fond of baking, so I like it when I can bake something that doesn’t take a ton of effort and still tastes great.
This makes a moist and dense cake that I topped with whipped cream and fresh berries. You could also make a lemon glaze as an alternative topping.
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
Adapted from Food Gal
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 kosher teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 cups mixed berries, fresh
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×3 loaf pan with butter.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix together butter, ricotta cheese, and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Add the vanilla and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, slice the pound cake and top with whipped cream and berries.