When I moved out of my parents home I put together a little binder of some of my favorite recipes growing up. Honestly, I never made many of them because I was too busy either eating out or trying a new recipe.
But like all things: old becomes new again. This recipe hails from my original “You’re on your own now, Tanya” binder. I’d forgotten about these rolls, but with the leftover biscuits from my Breakfast Biscuits, I craved something different. Fortunately, I remembered these little guys.
They are so-o-o-o-o-o good too. Normally they use regular-sized biscuits, but I used the super-sized ones with no problems. You can whip this up in a matter of minutes for an easy dessert, breakfast or snack. They smell great baking, and you won’t be able to keep your mitts off them when they come out of the oven. But be careful! The yummy tangy cream cheese in the center is piping hot.
Please don’t be embarassed when you disregard my warning and burn your tongue. I did too. But remember, I did warn you!
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
Cream Cheese Puffs
original Eat Laugh Purr recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tube (10 oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 oz cream cheese, cut into 10 cubes
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter and vanilla.
- Flatten biscuit, slightly and place cream cheese cube in middle. Wrap biscuit around cream cheese.
- Dip biscuit into butter mixture to coat then toss with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve warm
As I mentioned, you can also use the Texas size biscuits in place of the regular ones. I use a slightly larger cube of cream cheese and bake 20-25 minutes.