2011 is over and what a great year it has been. It always amazes how fast a year goes by. Sure, there are always moments when time crawls slower than a snail; but overall, it really does fly by! Before I jump into 2012, here are my five favorite moments from 2011.
- Cursed. I achieved a major dream/goal of mine in 2011 when I released my first short story. I’m so excited to see what’s next in the world of Jolie and Franck and hope you are too.
- Emeril gets better. My crazy, well-indulged cat got diagnosed with kidney disease and is still doing great. I am so grateful for every moment with my special guy.
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. After everyone told me I had to read it, I finally did. And boy, am I glad I did. I love, love, love this trilogy. I cannot wait for the movie this Spring.
- Buttermilk Pancakes. I made a lot of great food last year—if I do say so myself—and these top my list. I used to be sort of “meh” about pancakes but not after tasting these. They are yummy in my tummy!
- 10,000 visitors to Eat Laugh Purr. Emeril and I are so proud of the growth of our blog. You always wonder if anyone will find you. And guess what? You did. Thank you!
Of course, it’s important to look back at the past year and celebrate milestones, but it’s equally as important to look forward too. So here are the five things I am looking forward to in 2012.
- The Heavy Purse. I’m so excited about this. The Heavy Purse is a children’s book by my former boss and friend, Shannon Ryan, that will be available in the next few months. I had the privilege of working with her on the book, and I cannot wait for you to see it.
- Rebirth. This is the second book in the ongoing Jolie and Franck saga. I’m hard at work on it right now and plan on a Spring release.
- Emeril stays healthy. Emeril has had a rough couple of years, and we’re looking forward to a year of good health. One where he doesn’t visit the vet for regular enemas, his kidney disease remains stabilized and he stays feisty and loving.
- The Dark Knight Rises. The last movie in Christopher Nolan’s epic Batman trilogy—need I say anymore? I don’t think so.
- ????? You can’t plan for everything. So I am waiting on bated breath for surprise opportunities to present themselves in 2012.
So sayonara 2011—it’s been fun. Hello 2012. I look forward to a great year.