I have a little bit of an obsession with year-end lists. I love finding out what recipes were the most popular on my favorite food blogs. I love seeing whether I agree or vehemently disagree with my fellow bloggers picks for the top TV shows, movies, books of the past year. Since I love those lists, I figured it only made sense if I did one too.
I didn’t actually take the top five posts from Eat Laugh Purr. No, that would have been too easy. And Emeril and I—well, we don’t do easy. Not! We love easy!
But in this case, I wanted to highlight the top posts in recipes and our individual musings. I find it fascinating what recipes excite you most and which of our ramblings stir you to hit the “tell me more” button. And without further ado – here they are!
1. Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Filling. This has been the top post since Eat Laugh Purr began in September 2010. It was actually my first food post, and I’m thrilled that you love them as much as I do. They are easy to make and so decadent. One of my favorite childhood desserts that I still adore today.
2. Special K Bars. Number two is another dessert from my childhood. Thanks Mom! Last year when I went home for Christmas, my Mom made some of these bars, and I fell back in love with them all over again. It’s another easy dessert that everyone enjoys. I mean really—how can you go wrong mixing peanut butter and chocolate? You can’t.
3. I’m Only Human. My top post of the past year. This post rated highly due to web searches. So I can only conclude you can relate to trying to do too much or there are lots of extraterrestrials searching the internet to learn how to blend in with the rest of us.
4. Cursed: Chapter 1. Well, this makes me tickled pink. I hope you enjoyed it. And most importantly—kept reading!
5. My Poor Sweet Mommy. This is Emeril’s top post. And no, I didn’t manipulate the results. In fact, it only seems right that you would all sympathize with me. Emeril is handful, but he’s my handful, and I wouldn’t want him to ever change. Well, minus the frequent constipation bouts. Those I wouldn’t miss.
Well, there you go—our top posts of 2011. Thanks again for making 2011 a great year for Emeril and I. We can’t wait to see where 2012 takes us.
P.S. Emeril: I am pretty sure mommy is lying. My posts had to be more popular than yucky human food or my mommy’s ramblings; after all, I am awesome and handsome. She is obviously in denial. But that is okay—I still love her, even if she is confused. Meow!