As promised, today I’m featuring the yummy parmesan bread to accompany the roast chicken with garlic from Monday. This is a great all-purpose recipe. It’s certainly delightful with the chicken, but it would go with about any entree.
Of course, it’s simple. It’s not that I can’t do complicated recipes, but if simple tastes good—why bother with super complicated? Call me crazy, but my life is busy enough, so I appreciate a quick, tasty recipe.
The mayo in the cheese mixture helps the bread get all bubbly and golden when you broil it. I adjusted the recipe and put a smidge less mayo in it so the parmesan and roasted garlic could really shine. The bread tastes delicious on its own, but if you made this with the roasted chicken with garlic, then you’re in a for a real treat. Enjoy!
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
Adapted from Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d’Arabian
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 baguette
- Preheat the broiler to low.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, mayo and cheese, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the baguette in half and spread cheese mixture on the bread.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil until golden, about 3 minutes.
Serve as is or slather roasted garlic on top!