Yup. Still sick. But even being sick couldn’t stop me from making these. Strawberry season comes early in California, which I absolutely love. And one of my favorite ways to enjoy those sweet berries is stuffed with cheesecake.
While I used a convenient Jello Cheesecake mix, you cheesecake purists can use a made-from-scratch cheesecake or buy one. Just scoop out the cheesecake (leave behind the graham cracker crust) and pipe the filling into the strawberries. Either way, these stuffed strawberries will be a huge hit for Valentine’s Day or any day.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 1 box Jello No Bake Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips optional
- Mix the cheesecake filling according to the directions and let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours for the flavors to blend. You don't not need to actually assemble the cheesecake, just make the filling.
- Wash the berries, cut off the tops and hollow out the centers. Set aside.
- Put the cheesecake in a piping bag or Ziploc bag with the corner cut off. Fill each strawberry until slightly overfilled.
- Put the graham cracker crumbs into a bowl and dip each strawberry into the crumbs to coat the top.
- OPTIONAL: melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted, stirring between each cycle. Drizzle chocolate over each strawberry.
- Refrigerate until serving.