It’s starting to warm up, so I’m eating a lot of fresh fruit. While I still want some comforting meals, I want to avoid turning on the oven as much as possible, which makes this dish ideal.
It literally takes two minutes to toss the ingredients into the slow cooker, turn it on and walk away. Woo-hoo! I’ve made this several times and find it works best with bone-in pork chops. They just fall apart. Boneless pork chops work too, but they cook faster, so keep an eye on them. Or you’ll wind-up with a slightly dry pork chops. 😀
Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Ranch Gravy
- 6 pork chops 1/2 inch thick and bone-in
- 1/2 packet ranch dressing seasoning dry
- 10 oz low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 4 lb russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2-1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray and add pork chops.
- Combine ranch seasoning and undiluted cream of chicken soup and spoon over pork chops. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours or until cooked through and tender.
- Meanwhile, about an hour before pork chops are done, peel potatoes and cube into 1-2 inch pieces. Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stove top over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes (depends on the amount of potatoes you cook and size). Drain potatoes and mash potatoes with milk, butter, sour cream and cream cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until pork chops are ready.
- Serve pork chops with mashed potatoes and cover with ranch gravy.