My server experienced some hiccups yesterday (love technology!), so my apologies if you received an error message when you tried to visit Eat Laugh Purr. Fingers crossed, the problem has been cured! I also have a cure for those suffering from the lunch blahs.
Some of you might be wondering what the lunch blahs are. Well, it’s when you eat the same thing over and over again until you find yourself stuck in a lunch rut, bored out of your foodie mind. Well, I have a cure—this absolutely delicious salad.
I’m trying to eat a bit healthier, so I’ve been on the lookout for some yummy and easy lunch options. It’s so easy (for me, at least) to justify eating bad when eating good becomes complicated and time consuming.
This salad is packed full of good-for-you ingredients, including the mighty superfood, kale. Kale is still a relatively new veggie for me. Typically I juice it, so this was the first time I used it in a salad. You might notice that I forgot to add the almonds before I took the picture. Oops. I didn’t remember them until I was chowing down on the salad.
What can I say? Salad good. Me hungry. Oh well.
The next time I’m going add some crumbled goat cheese to make it over the top. Yum. I going to make this again and again. Hmmm….I wonder how many times I can eat this before I get the lunch blahs? 😀
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
Apple Kale Salad with Chicken
Lightly adapted from Budget Bytes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 apples, cored and cut into big chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked and cut into big cubes
- Remove kale leaves from the stems and cut into thin slices. Rinse well under cool water and let drain while you make the dressing.
- In a blender, add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until the dressing is smooth.
- Combine kale, chicken, apples, almonds, cranberries and goat cheese in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.