I really don’t know what to tell you besides make this—make this NOW! It’s utterly addictive. Please don’t be mad at me after you consume mass quantities, thus breaking your New Year’s resolutions to eat healthy. Remember, I warned you!
While I generally prefer savory over sweet, I found myself refilling my dish over and over with this yummy snack. It’s perfect for movie night or the big kahuna of gatherings—Super Bowl Sunday.
This delicious treat takes only a few minutes to make. In fact, it takes longer for the almond bark to set, so you can munch without sticky fingers, than it does to make this. Fritos add a satisfying crunch, and you can certainly substitute Peanut M&Ms or add cashews or almonds to the mix.
Be sure to make a big bowl for your next party as it will gone within minutes. The good news is it only takes a few minutes to whip up another batch. Perhaps, that’s also bad news too. 😀
White Chocolate Frito Popcorn
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 lb white chocolate or almond bark
- 2 cups Frito's
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make popcorn according to package directions. Place in a large bowl, after eliminating all the un-popped kernels. Add Fritos and mix with popcorn.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt chocolate or white almond bark for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Pour melted chocolate over popcorn mixture and stir to coat completely.
- Spread over prepared cookie sheet and sprinkle M&Ms over mixture. .Cool until the chocolate is set and serve.