Wow—July burst into Southern California with a roar. It’s been steaming hot for the past few days and this girl is ready to bid adieu to the heat. Thankfully, I have air conditioning as many people living in beach cities do not.
I actually struggled to find an apartment with air conditioning AND a refrigerator. Yup, I said fridge. Apparently, fridges are quite cheap here because of the demand, but as my previous apartments always had one, this struck me as weird.
Fortunately, I found an apartment with a fridge and central air, but it wasn’t enough to stave off the start of a heat-induced migraine late last night. It was almost midnight and I had a two options:
1. Get a migraine and suffer silently (or not!)
2. Drink a Diet Coke and successfully fend off migraine but be unable to fall asleep
I drank a Diet Coke because let’s face it—the migraine would have kept me awake (and suffering) anyways. So today I am a bit sleepy, but on the plus side, no migraine.
In honor of the 4th of July, I’m sharing a delicious and refreshing beverage to help you survive the hot summer days (and hopefully avoid any migraines). It comes together quickly and is so satisfying. Enjoy!
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
Strawberry Limeade Cooler
Original Eat Laugh Purr recipe
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 (12 oz) container of frozen limeade
- 1-2 cups sparkling water
- In a blender, add frozen limeade (thawed is fine) with frozen strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of sparkling water and taste. Add additional sparkling water, if needed.
Max and I wish everyone a safe and fun-filled 4th of July!