Wow—July burst into Southern California with a roar. It’s been steaming hot for the past few days and this girl is ready to bid adieu to the heat. Thankfully, I have air conditioning as many people living in beach cities do not.
I actually struggled to find an apartment with air conditioning AND a refrigerator. Yup, I said fridge. Apparently, fridges are quite cheap here because of the demand, but as my previous apartments always had one, this struck me as weird.
Fortunately, I found an apartment with a fridge and central air, but it wasn’t enough to stave off the start of a heat-induced migraine late last night. It was almost midnight and I had a two options:
1. Get a migraine and suffer silently (or not!)
2. Drink a Diet Coke and successfully fend off migraine but be unable to fall asleep
I drank a Diet Coke because let’s face it—the migraine would have kept me awake (and suffering) anyways. So today I am a bit sleepy, but on the plus side, no migraine.
In honor of the 4th of July, I’m sharing a delicious and refreshing beverage to help you survive the hot summer days (and hopefully avoid any migraines). It comes together quickly and is so satisfying. Enjoy!
Strawberry Limeade Cooler
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 12oz limeade frozen
- 1-2 cups sparkling water or ginger ale
- In a blender, add frozen limeade (or thawed is fine) with frozen strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of sparkling water or ginger ale and taste. Add additional sparkling water, if needed.
Max and I wish everyone a safe and fun-filled 4th of July!