Woo-hoo! I finally updated Eat Laugh Purr. I’ve been working on this for the past couple of months in my spare time. First, it was just going to be a light refresh, but once I started, I couldn’t stop. 🙂 Please be sure to check out my updated Hire Me! page too.
With the summer heat upon us, I crave lighter dishes and try to avoid turning on the oven whenever possible (which isn’t as often as I’d like, but that’s the life of a food blogger!). Now it doesn’t take much for me to fall in love with a pasta salad, but this salad hits all the right salty and savory notes.
It’s also the perfect accompaniment to a burger. Now I’m not a huge fan of hamburger (yeah, I’m weird) but I don’t mind turkey burgers. Don’t make me explain the differences. Just accept it. My favorite turkey burger is stuffed with feta cheese, which makes it the ideal burger to serve with this salad.
Well, I need to go play with Max. He’s been pouting since I’ve been too busy to play with him. This, of course, means he is extra hyper and looking to get into mischief. So basically, it’s a normal day. 🙂
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Very lightly adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
- 6oz orzo
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook orzo according to box directions until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, add lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper and slowly whisk in olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, feta cheese, kalamata olives, parsley, red onion and pasta.
- Add enough dressing to coat, then toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.