I try to avoid turning on the oven as much as possible during the summer. But what’s a girl to do when she craves something sweet? Cookies, cakes and brownies all need to be baked. And I wasn’t in the mood for ice cream. Thankfully, I remembered these yummy no-bake cookies my Mom used to make when I was little.
All you need is some pantry staples and a few minutes then presto—you’ve got a plate of delicious cookies. Chocolate, creamy peanut butter and oatmeal mix together so well and completely satisfied my craving for something sweet. Plus it didn’t overheat my apartment.
Of course, there is a bit of good news/bad news with these cookies. The good news is these are simple to make. The bad news is these are simple to make. I need to give some away otherwise I’ll gorge myself on these bad boys. (Or girls. I really don’t know.)
Looking back, I made an abundance of sweets this month. What can I say? My sweet tooth was out in full force! Next week, I promise to make something other than a dessert.
Now, excuse me. I have to get back to eating my cookies!
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Original Eat Laugh Purr Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick cooking oats (not old fashioned)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together milk, cocoa, butter and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for about 1 minute.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter to cocoa mixture. Stir until peanut butter has melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in oats until fully combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper and cool until set. Store in a covered container.