As promised, today I have a delicious, but non-dessert, recipe. I sort of overindulged in July and now I must make amends. 🙂 And when make amends means enjoying a yummy dip, then count me in! A big bowl of bean dip and some pita chips equals zero punishment in my book.
The dip reminds me a bit of the white bean hummus they serve at California Pizza Kitchen. Since I happen to enjoy that dip quite a bit, I knew this would be right up my alley. It’s light and fresh. And best of all—easy to make and enjoy.
What I’m not enjoying right now is the strange weather we’ve been experiencing in LA. It’s been quite gloomy most mornings, which is classic June Gloom, except, you know, it was July. It’s supposed to be sunny. Hopefully, now that August is here, the sun will be out bright and early. I don’t like hot weather but I do like sunshine.
Yes, I am fussy.
I like sunshine, cool breezes, Max and a big bowl of white bean dip with crunchy pita chips.
It’s a good life.
TO PRINT RECIPE: Click on the print icon located with the other social media icons under my signature. It is the last icon. You can print the entire post or the recipe only.
White Bean Dip
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until dip is creamy and smooth.
- Transfer bean dip to a bowl and serve with pita chips.