Mother’s Day almost caught me by surprise this year. For some reason I thought it was next weekend but thankfully my spidey sense was tingling so I double-checked. 🙂 Normally I would have featured a special Mother’s Day treat today but … ummmm … I’m behind. So I’m changing things up this year!
Thanks Mom for … Everything
Moms do a ton of things for their kids and my Mom was certainly no different. She:
- Took me to the library almost every week, so I could check out as many books as my little arms could carry. I love to read because of you.
- Made sure my brother and I knew how to swim, so we didn’t have the same fear of water she did. And she eventually learned how to swim herself!
- Taught me how to cook and didn’t complain too hard when I made a huge mess in the kitchen and still doesn’t.
- Took me to my first play (Annie!) and made me fall in love with the theatre.
- Made my dolls amazing homemade clothes. They were seriously the best dressed dolls. I remember saving money, so I could buy “real” clothes for Barbie and always ended up being disappointed in their quality. Mom’s homemade doll clothes were always superior.
- Made me awesome Halloween costumes when I was kid. I particularly remember my Cinderella costume with the tinfoil crown and tiara and my snazzy witch costume.
- Never missed a piano recital, dance recital, band concert, marching band performance, play or anything I was involved in, even if it was peripheral.
- Helped me with all my 4-H projects (and by help, I mean mostly do).
- Took her first plane ride to visit me, although it’s been awhile since she’s been here. Max hasn’t even gotten a chance to wrap her around his big white mitts. (hint. hint.)
And last, but certainly not least, my Mom is always there for me.
Thanks for being such an amazing Mom! I love you!
Happy Mother’s Day!