Father’s Day is this Sunday, so I decided to share some of my favorite memories of my Dad today. My Mom helped instill my love of reading, cooking and theatre while my Dad taught me to enjoy stupid movies (i.e. the kind with fart jokes, thanks Dad!) and that Dads can fix anything. Seriously, my parents must have a little bit of magic in them. My Mom can get any stain out of clothes and my Dad keeps things from breaking down. Me, I’m completely inept at both. 🙂
Thanks Dad for … Everything!
My Dad has been incredibly supportive of me throughout the years. He …
- Kept Tubbs around, even though he was the worst barn cat EVER. He’d rather watch a mouse run by, then catch it. But you let him remain the King of the Barn.
- Kept my car running for years. Wrote notes to my mechanics to tell them what needed to be fixed when you didn’t have the time to do it yourself. And yes, it is kind of awkward telling your mechanic that you have a note from your Dad, but at least the right things got fixed!
- Let Emeril takeover his chair when he visited. And didn’t grumble too hard when Emeril would wake-up him up every morning with friendly (annoying) head butts to his chin and ignored Emeril’s attempts to crawl under the blanket next to him.
- Faithfully went car shopping with me (and Mom too!) every time to make sure I didn’t buy a lemon. And to also give me this gem, “Can you reach the pedals? See over the steering wheel? At the same time?” Yeah. I’m that short.
- Kindly put together all of my pre-fab furniture while I hovered (not-so-helpfully) overhead when I moved to Minneapolis.
- Attended all my activities with his video camera perched on his shoulders, filming me in all my glory.
- Took his first plane ride to visit me, although it’s been a few years since his last visit. Max hasn’t even gotten a chance to pester him.
Thanks for being such a great Dad! I love you!
Happy Father’s Day!