Fall seems to be the favorite time of year for many people and I’m certainly no different. I love the crisp days, colorful leaves and the more hearty dishes Fall weather welcomes. While light salads should remain a staple on my menu, I crave a steamy bowl of soup and roast beef with all the trimmings. And apple crisps and pies. Nom. Nom.
My Mom said she contemplated buying a ticket for me to fly home instead of them coming to visit me last week. Apparently, their apple tree is bursting and she wanted a little help freezing all those yummy apples. I would have gladly peeled and chopped apples with her, but I’m still glad they came here instead!
Of course, that does mean that I missed out on my Mom’s homemade apple butter and garden bounty. And I would have really enjoyed some fresh garden tomatoes. I ask about her tomatoes every time we talk. 🙂 Given all the apples they have, I’m sure we would have made some sort of an apple dessert, which would have made my Dad happy. He is probably getting tired of zucchini desserts, although he highly prefers them over being forced to eat plain zucchini. HA!
I recently made this absolutely creamy and delicious peanut butter dip that pairs so beautifully with crisp, tart apples. This would be a big hit with my family, especially with my nephews and niece. The boys, in particular, are big peanut butter fans. They take after their Dad. 🙂 I’m actually a pretty big fan of peanut butter myself and this made a great mid-day snack for me too.
This quick and easy dip makes a great after school snack or a treat to share with friends at your next gathering. You can even pretend it’s good for you if you serve it with apples. And if you use low-fat or no-fat cream cheese, it is actually a pretty healthy snack. Score!
Creamy Peanut Butter Dip
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Powdered Sugar or Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
- Sliced Apples
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. You may need to microwave the mixture for 15 seconds if your cream cheese is too cold.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 Tablespoons of milk. Stir until fully combined. If dip is too thick, add another tablespoon of milk or more powdered sugar if it’s too thin. Keep adding powdered sugar or milk until you reach your preferred consistency.
- Serve with sliced apples.