I am a HUGE fan of pizza. Love, love, LOVE it. It’s a regular Friday go-to meal for me and the perfect accompaniment to a good movie or book. As much as I love a good slice of pie from a pizzeria, I typically make it myself. Homemade pizza is so good and surprisingly easy to make too. I try to keep some extra pizza dough in the freezer for when the mood strikes, which would almost be daily if I allowed it.
When my parents told me they were coming to visit, I immediately started planning my dinner menus. Some people would plan where to take them first, but I’m all about the food. 🙂 Pizza made the menu because it would be an easy meal to assemble after a day of adventure, but I wasn’t confident that they would be as wild about my favorite pizza of mushrooms and green olives as I am. So I went to my favorite source of inspiration, Pinterest, and found a pizza that we would all (hopefully) love.
Thankfully, we did.
Or at least my parents did a good job of pretending they did. My Dad would have probably preferred his normal pizza topped with hamburger and cheese, but he did eat a couple slices so it must have been edible. I really loved it and made it again last weekend just to make sure it was blog worthy. 😉
The things I do for you, even when it’s boiling hot outside.
Yes, this was torture to eat. Not!
The chicken is so juicy and the ranch dressing really made a great sauce. It was salty, but not too salty, with just the right amount of sweetness from the tomatoes. The ingredient list may look long but don’t let it deceive you. We top with a homemade ranch dressing but you could also use ready-made ranch dressing as a substitute too. This pizza is definitely a keeper and going on my pizza rotation list.
Ranch Chicken Pizza with Bacon
- Dough for 1 large pizza*
- 2 cups Pizza Blend shredded cheese
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- dash of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a pizza pan with non-stick spray. Roll out dough. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, chives, dill, parsley, onion and salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of dressing over pizza dough. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over dressing. Then top with chicken, bacon, red onion and tomatoes. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Mine took about 14 minutes but start checking at 9-10 minutes. You don’t want to over bake your crust.
- Slice and serve immediately.