Hi ya, everyone! Guess what??? Mama is going to be 40 years young this month. It has been nonstop Mama Drama since the calendar flipped over to July. She’s pouting about turning 40, moaning and whining while she counts her white hairs. I don’t understand what the big deal is. I turn four in September and have plenty of white hairs, but you won’t find me acting like a fool. No way. But Mama, she insists that turning 40 is w-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-y different than turning four. Whatever.
Although today is technically not Mama’s special day (although between you and me, her special day should be my birthday, not her’s!), I still wanted to do something extra-special for her in my monthly post. After much contemplation (aka naps) I decided to share 40 things I love about my Mama. She is a handful, but I do love her.
40 Reasons My Mama is the Cat’s (or MaxE’s) Meow
I have the very bestest [sic] Mama in the whole wide world and here’s why:
- Mama chose me out of all the cats at the shelter (to be fair – I picked her!)
- Mama adores MaxE!
- Mighty Max is the first thing Mama thinks about when she wakes up.
- Mama chases me around the apartment every day and I let her catch me.
- She is the best petter. Seriously, she could go pro!
- Mama feeds Max four meals a day. Plus treats!
- She gives me the coolest nicknames, like Max-E-Nator and Mr. Pepper.
- She lets me blog on Eat Laugh Purr and doesn’t overly censor my meows!
- Mama gives me lots of smooches every day, even when I don’t want any!
- She doesn’t get mad when I hack up hairballs.
- She talks tough but I do whatever pleases me.
- Mama is a MaxE enabler. Obviously.
- Mama rescues my toys from the dastardly sofa who steals my bouncy balls.
- Mama thinks my white mitts are the BEST EVER!
- She gave me a loan of $1 to start my pet-sitting business.
- Mama LOVES to snuggle with the Max Man.
- Mama LOVES cat naps too!
- She thinks the world revolves around Sir Snoops A Lot (and it does!)
- She gives the BEST kitty massages.
- Mama lets me nap in cool places, like her underwear drawer.
- She uses the kitchen sink when MaxE is napping in the bathroom sink.
- Mama pretends she can’t see the scratches I put on the top dresser.
- She sings songs about me, off-key, but it’s still sweet.
- She LOVES that I am mischievous.
- She thinks I’m so goofy-like.
- She buys me lots of fun cat toys.
- She is never too busy for her MaxE.
- She rarely says “No” (or at least never means it!)
- Who is a Best Boy? According to my Mama – MaxE is!
- She bought me a super-sized, super-soft red bed.
- She got rid of her plants for me because I might have tried to eat them.
- Mama writes Tall Tails featuring the Max Man!
- Mama loves ginger kitties, even if she giggles about me being one.
- She doesn’t make me wear clothes every day.
- She gave me the mantra of silly, sweet and fun.
- She comforts me when I have nightmares.
- Mama took me to see the birdies at the pet store (but didn’t buy me one! Rude!)
- Mama says my fur is silky soft.
- Mama loves how fast Mighty Max can run and leap.
- Mama loves MaxE and MaxE loves his Mama!!!
Whew! That’s a big list. Now you understand why Mama and I are two peas in a pod. BFFs for life. Familia. She’s the coolest human and I’m proud to call her Mama, even if she is being overly dramatic about turning 40. It’s a real good thing I love her!
Happy birthday, Mama. And I think I see a new white hair – Meow!!