Let’s start with a confession: this isn’t the recipe that I planned for today. One of the best things about being a food blogger is all the great recipes you get to try or create. One of the worst things about being a food blogger is all the recipes that wind-up being epic fails. It’s annoying, but it also an eye-of-the-beholder situation because not everyone shares the same opinion of what makes a great peach cobbler, for example. Ahem. This particular peach cobbler had plenty of rave reviews, but I will, unfortunately, not be adding my praise to the list. Of course, that now meant I had nothing to share today. Thankfully, I thought of these great, fail-proof tortilla roll-ups.
I’ve been making some form of these roll-ups since my early 20’s. For those of you with good math skills, that’s almost 20 years. Yikes! Did I tell you my oldest nephew graduates this May?? I’m still in deep denial. One thing I cannot deny is that my nephew would surely love these bacon ranch tortilla roll-ups. This is the kid, after all, who spent an entire meal extolling the virtues of bacon to me. He and his younger brother are big bacon fans, so they take after their Auntie, obviously!
My cousin typically makes tortilla roll-ups for Christmas and I won’t deny that a few (or more) make it into my belly. I just love these guys. They are dangerously addictive and also easy to make, which I appreciate, especially during the busy holiday season. They would also make a great snack while you watch the big game or a movie.
This is one of my favorite combinations with cream cheese, plenty of crunchy bits of bacon, green chilies, green onions, cheese and ranch dressing mix. You can make these in advance, which is another bonus since it frees you up to do other things. If you have any leftover mixture, you can add some more cheese and make a quesadilla or use it as a filling for an omelette. Yum-O!
Bacon Ranch Tortilla Roll-Ups
- 4 12- inch tortillas
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 1 4 oz green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup green onions finely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup bacon cooked and finely chopped (4-6 slices)
- 3 Tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese*
- In a large bowl, combine everything minus the tortillas. Spread cream cheese mixture over each tortilla in an even layer. Tightly roll up each tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for for several hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and slice roll-up into 8-10 pieces when ready to serve.