Oh hi. According to my calendar, it is officially 2017 and I promised to be back today. So here I am. Back. 😀 I won’t lie: I wanted to take a few more days off from blogging but I pinky swore, sort of. It’s not that I no longer enjoy blogging, but I’m not 100% sure what I want to do in this space going forward.
A Mindful Migration’s purpose changed from finance to more of a lifestyle blog last year, which means it leans fairly close in content to Eat Laugh Purr. I pondered combining the two, although I’m not really sure if that’s the right answer either. So for now, Eat Laugh Purr remains its own separate blog with me (and Max!) posting on Mondays and Thursdays.
2016 in Review
Overall 2016 was a good but not great, nor terrible year. And I really, really want to start a review by sharing what a fabulous year I had, you know? And I also realize that it is up to ME to make that happen. Instead of boring you with all the details (or sometimes excuses), I decided to do my review a bit differently this year with a one sentence recap of each month.
- January: I resolved to get healthy for real.
- February: I decided to “listen” to what my heart tells me and to “accept” me, both the good and ugly.
- March: Busy, busy, busy with work, which is a good thing!
- April: I tried regulating my carbs with modest success but also lost my get healthy motivation.
- May: My family (parents, brother and his family) came to visit me for a crazy, insane and amazing family vacation that I will never forget.
- June: Hosted a lovely brunch and no one got food poisoning!
- July: It’s my birthday and I’ll celebrate if I want to — and I did!
- August: On a whim, I decided to go back to Minnesota and thanks to frequent flier miles — it was free!
- September: Max celebrated his birthday (the day of his adoption) with toys and his favorite birthday cap and scarf.
- October: I watched lots of scary movies and Max was a Frog for Halloween.
- November: This month sucked a lot.`
- December: Froze my tuckus off in Minnesota but enjoyed celebrating Christmas with my family, Max was mad that he couldn’t go with me to, I did get healthier this year but not for reals healthy.
To a Great 2017
On Monday, I’m going to recap the most popular recipes from last year as it always interests me to see what recipes you love and how they match up with my favorites. At the end of the month, I’ll share more about my goals for 2017, both personally and for Eat Laugh Purr. Max, of course, will be meowing about his awesomeness on the third Monday of the month as usual.
What were the highlights of 2016 for you?